Dino Waterpark Makes Soft Opening
Dino Waterpark is not only largest in region but also the first to feature Polin's signature Magicone attraction
For three years, Pratunam Khon Kaen Co. considered its development options for the land it had purchased in Khon Kaen in northeastern Thailand. Focused on creating a tourism hub, the development firm wanted attractions that would offer the greatest allure to an area of the country not typically considered a tourist destination.
The company decided on a themed waterpark because no similar entertainment district existed in the area. The park owners invested heavily - US$60 million - in rides and slides that would draw guests from long distances. Their efforts have resulted in the development of not only the region's largest waterpark but the largest in Southeast Asia.
The new park hosted a soft opening last month with the planned 1st phase waterslides open and plans an official celebration with the opening of all the waterslides in November.
First "Magicone" Waterslide in the Asia
Covering more than 40 acres, Dino Waterpark - as its name suggests - is themed on a time in the earth's history more than 100 million years ago when dinosaurs roamed the earth. During the Jurassic period, great plant-eating dinosaurs fed on lush ferns and palm-like plants while being hunted by smaller, but fierce, carnivorous beasts.
Daino Park Co. Ltd. (based in Seoul, South Korea), the park's development firm, chose Polin Waterparks for the park's waterpark attractions due to the wide variety of signature, one-of-a-kind rides that Polin is known for. As a result, the park now is home to one of the company's newest rides: Magicone.
The Magicone is a high-capacity waterslide with a unique riding experience and design. Shaped like a gigantic funnel tipped on its side, guests enter the streamlined, geometric form by sliding down a steep drop that sends them whirling around the conical interior. The unique parabolic shape creates surprising changes in momentum that give guests a longer, more adrenaline-pumping ride than similar attractions. The slide can end in one of two options: into a pool or as a run-out exit.
Like nearly all of Polin's attractions, the Magicone is also manufactured using resin transfer molding (RTM) composites technology.
Signature Rides Abound at Dino
While the Magicone is enough of an attraction on its own to tempt guests to visit the park, the waterpark also offers four additional signature rides, along with one of the world's largest waterplay structures. These specialty attractions include:
* The Looping Rocket. Dino Waterpark actually has installed two of these high-adrenaline rides. Guests drop feet first from a rocket-shaped "launcher" down a steep incline that then shoots them around a high-speed loop into a straight-away that speeds them toward the run-out exit.
* Family Rafting Slide & Family Turbolance Combo. Families can share the excitement of a waterslide together in a six- to eight-passenger circular, inflatable raft that begins by slowly traveling through the giant tube's winding path. The ride quickly ramps up into an extreme slide, however, when riders experience a steep drop and then are propelled uphill vertically onto a giant, slanted ramp. Gravity then pulls them backward on a reverse path over a hill and into a splash pool.
* Space Shuttle. Another example of Polin's extreme slides, this one shoots guests through open or closed tubes into a space-shuttle-shaped pod in which thrusting sprays of water suddenly slow their ride, shooting them side-to-side inside before then expelling them downhill and then again through several similar experiences. The ride end in a pool.
* Windigo. This sophisticated thrill ride begins with guests entering alongside one another in enclosed tubes that then spread out to create geometrical curving patterns high above the ground. Each slide curls around, parallel with the others, with from two to four on each side. Eventually, the tubes come back together and create a series of side-by-side, high-speed multiracer lanes.
* S-Type Waterplay Structure. Covering 2,000 square meters (21,527 square feet), this style of Polin's waterplay structure options has a dinosaur theme and the maximum number - 144 - features: 18 water guns, 13 interactive arching jets, 12 interactive tippy buckets, 12 pull ropes, 11 floor jets, 10 tippy buckets, 10 waterslides, nine fish buckets, eight water mills, five waterfall jets and much more.
Park Features Options for Everyone
The waterplay structure at Dino Waterpark is among the largest in the world. Even so, it's not the only attraction for little ones to play on. Other toddler-sized slides include two Kids Compact Slides, two Kids Wide Slides, two Kids Multi Slides, an Octopus Slide, a Turtle Slide, two Giraffe Showers and four Mushrooms.
Adults, too, have additional options that provide ongoing thrills besides the five signature attractions at Dino. They include five other Polin attractions: a Space Boat, a Family Rafting Slide, a Body Slide, an Aquatube and a Space Hole. Plus, guests have options that include a wave pool, a beach, a leisure river and an outdoor stage that can accommodate up to 3,000 people.
Because the waterpark is only part of the developer's plans - it expects to construct a boutique hotel in the future - the owners wanted to make sure the park was attractive to the widest demographic possible.
Pitipat Songsri, the project manager of Dino waterpark, said, "We want to see not only families travel to Dino Waterpark for vacations but also professional people who may extend their trips and bring along spouses and children. We want the area to become a center for meetings, conferences, conventions and other events. Whether for business or pleasure, we want the Khon Kaen region to be the Northeast's hub for transportation and tourism."
More on Dino Waterpark, please visit www.dinowaterpark.com
# # #
Please click for high-resolution photos to accompany this story
About Polin Waterparks
Polin was founded in Istanbul in 1976, and has since grown into a leading company in the waterparks industry. Today Polin is one of the world leaders in the design, production, and installation of waterparks, waterslides & water play attractions. 2500 waterpark projects in more than 93 countries around the world have been completed by Polin, and Polin is the biggest waterslide supplier in Eurasia. Working with a wide variety of clients has helped Polin reach several milestones; including installing the first waterparks of many countries and many other award winning rides at parks with world-renowned reputations. Polin offers the industry's widest range of products, including signature rides such as the patented King Cobra, Magic Spheres, Spheres, Magi Cone and Space Shuttle.
Polin is the pioneer in the advancement and application of closed-molded manufacturing technology in waterslide development. First implemented in 2006, 100% of Polin's annual fiberglass production has been converted to resin transfer molding (RTM), and meets the industry's highest standards. Polin offers both bowl rides and family rides featuring RTM techniques. Polin also offers its unique and patented Natural Light Effect technology, Special Pattern Effects technology in RTM and translucent RTM waterslides. Polin is an ISO9001 certificate holder by TUV Germany since 2003, all Polin slides conform to European norms, all steel parts conform to international DIN standards, all designs conform to ASTM practices, and Polin is also CSEI approved for projects in China. Polin is the only waterslide company that holds a quality certificate for all of its waterslides by TUV, and was the 2012 Export Winner of Turkey in the SMSE Category. Polin has a high plant capacity with production in Turkey. Polin's team totals 350 people, with five offices throughout the world.
Polin is committed to providing the best-quality product and service by investing in continuous research and development. The company plans to further expand its L-RTM line while introducing new signature rides and innovations.For more information, visit www.polin.com.tr
For additional information, contact Sohret Pakis at +90 262 656 64 67 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please visit Polin at www.polin.com.tr for product information, news, events and other updates.