Aquafan Brings Waterpark Fun to Buenos Aires
Aquafan Brings Waterpark Fun to Buenos Aires
Parque de la Costa adds first waterpark in the region to its theme park in Argentina
Parque de la Costa in Buenos Aires, Argentina, expanded with a waterpark. The theme park in Tigre, a northern suburb of the city, opened Aquafan Waterpark this month, the first in the region and part of an effort to turn the overall facility into a powerhouse of entertainment entities.
Parque de la Costa installed the new attractions at a cost of AR$60 million (US$6.76 million). The nearly 3.5-acre waterpark includes a variety of attractions: a VIP area, a video game center, six concession areas, a wave pool and, most importantly, six waterslides and a children's water play structure.
Setting a high bar
The new waterslides have all been supplied by waterpark supplier Polin Waterparks, Turkey and are part of Polin's first installation in Argentina. Polin's products provide a variety of unique features that ensure that Aquafan immediately creates a reputation as being a cutting-edge facility. These distinctive aspects are led by Polin's exclusive resin transfer molding (RTM) composites technology. Polin pioneered the development, advancement and application of this process in waterslide manufacturing.
The attractions in the park include:
- The Freefall. This slide offers one of the most exhilarating drops for guests who want to experience the thrill of a freefall without the danger. It combines adventure with adrenaline to provide a complete package of aquatic entertainment.
- The Compact Slide.This ride is an engineering feat of Polin's engineers. They condensed the features of a full-sized slide into a condensed unit that incorporates special angles with radius components to create a slide that can fit into even the smallest footprint.
- The Multislidestrong>. This ride allows parks of any size to accommodate guests on mats or without. Lanes align with guests racing side-by-side over multiple hills and drops and exiting into either a pool or run-out.
- Black Hole. Guests entering this enclosed tube slide feel like they are slipping into a swirling adventure of fast-changing colors and designs. One of Polin's most popular rides, it provides high-speed travel through multiple turns and inclines. Dispatch can occur as quickly as every 20 seconds to ensure a high-capacity queue. Black Hole at Aquafun features Natural Light Effects Technology.
- Turbolance Slide. On this extreme slide, riders first experience a steep drop before being propelled uphill on a steep vertical slope. Upon reaching the top, they experience an unforgettable ride backward, sliding on a reverse path over a bump and into a splash pool.
- Rafting Slide. This ride allows guests of all ages to ride together raft. A conveyor system can deliver boats to the start platform, and the ride can accommodate up to 720 guests per hour when riding four guests per raft.
Children headed to Aquafan will experience their own little piece of heaven on earth at the waterpark's paradise-themed water-play structure. The specially designed attraction includes tipping buckets, spray guns and waterslides.
In addition, an "octopus" waterslide offers a colorful play area with the creature's six arms comprised of three slides and three stairs. A mushroom rises above the middle to act as a head from which water cascades, and the holes and spaces below the arms create fun places to take refuge from sunny skies.
Additional attractions in the pool area include a "frog slide" that gives children a ride down his slippery tongue, a "dolphin fountain" that seems to be jumping right out of the pool to spray cooling jets over giggling faces and a "mushroom" under which kids of all ages can enjoy cascades of water.
Luciano SAVASTA, Director of development and Technology from Parque de la Costa, says the addition of the waterpark to Parque de la Costa expands the park's appeal no matter what the weather. "In cooler temperatures, the theme park will be the main attraction, while hot weather will send people flocking to the waterpark," he explains. "Either way, we've ensured that our customers have plenty of entertaining offerings to keep them having fun all season long."
# # #
Please click for high-resolution photos to accompany this story
Please click to watch video of Aquafan
About Polin Waterparks
Polin was founded in Istanbul in 1976, and has since grown into a leading company in the waterparks industry. Today Polin is one of the world leaders in the design, production, and installation of waterparks, waterslides & water play attractions. 2500 waterpark projects in more than 93 countries around the world have been completed by Polin, and Polin is the biggest waterslide supplier in Eurasia. Working with a wide variety of clients has helped Polin reach several milestones; including installing the first waterparks of many countries and many other award winning rides at parks with world-renowned reputations. Polin offers the industry's widest range of products, including signature rides such as the patented King Cobra, Magic Spheres, Spheres, Magi Cone and Space Shuttle.
Polin is the pioneer in the advancement and application of closed-molded manufacturing technology in waterslide development. First implemented in 2006, 100% of Polin's annual fiberglass production has been converted to resin transfer molding (RTM), and meets the industry's highest standards. Polin offers both bowl rides and family rides featuring RTM techniques. Polin also offers its unique and patented Natural Light Effect technology, Special Pattern Effects technology in RTM and translucent RTM waterslides. Polin is an ISO9001 certificate holder by TUV Germany since 2003, all Polin slides conform to European norms, all steel parts conform to international DIN standards, all designs conform to ASTM practices, and Polin is also CSEI approved for projects in China. Polin is the only waterslide company that holds a quality certificate for all of its waterslides by TUV, and was the 2012 Export Winner of Turkey in the SMSE Category. Polin has a high plant capacity with production in Turkey. Polin's team totals 500 people, with five offices throughout the world.
Polin is committed to providing the best-quality product and service by investing in continuous research and development. The company plans to further expand its L-RTM line while introducing new signature rides and innovations.For more information, visit www.polin.com.tr
For additional information, contact Sohret Pakis at +90 262 656 64 67 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please visit Polin at www.polin.com.tr for product information, news, events and other updates.